Sunday, 21 June 2015

Activity 5 - Professional Connection Map



Personal:
My personal connections relate to people I know outside of my working environment.   This paper has been amazing for making new connections and working with like minded people.
Online:
As a future focused teacher my online presence is quite important in learning new information and keeping up with colleagues.  Twitter is amazing for information, and I love the Facebook groups I am a part of.
Connections in school:
The biggest group I have.  This ranges from the principal and board of trustees, down through the management steps to the classroom teachers like myself.  My teams I am a part of and in charge of.
School related:
People who are integral in helping me to do my job to the best of my ability.

What are the benefits of working in a more interdisciplinary environment?
New opportunities.  Two heads (or more heads) are better than one.  The aim of our profession is to keep moving and do what is best - you need to be collaborative and listen to others for this to happen.

What are the challenges of working in a more interdisciplinary environment?
Different groups post different problems.  Working with colleagues has its own positives and negatives depending on who you are working with.  Agencies have their own times and ways of doing things, and these are often not the time frame I wish to work in.  Everybody has their own workloads, work stresses and own things to do...sometimes these do not align and this can cause pressure and/or stress and this collaboration and interdisciplinary work can not reach its full potential.




No comments:

Post a Comment