Monday, 15 June 2015

Welcome...all about me!

Hi!  My name is Danielle Johnson.  Welcome to my blog!

So...to introduce me.  Well.  I'm a Year 6 teacher at Rowandale Primary in Manurewa.  We are Decile 1, and a bunch of awesomeness.  I have been teaching for a number of years and absolutely adore helping children build on their love of learning.  I am teaching our senior future-focused classroom and I am also in charge of sport (although why they chose me for that I have no idea!)
Outside of school I have a love of reading, sewing, technology, cooking and travel.

My teaching philosophy:

I love the work I do!  Not a day goes by when I am not challenged, surprised, enlightened, or delighted.  The most important aspects of the school environment for me are relationships; with students; with colleagues; with families; with our community.
I love getting beside a student and really getting to know them; what makes them happy; what makes them angry or frustrated; and what makes them excited.  Then I can truly make a difference.
I value my students and acknowledge all they bring to the classroom.  I accept them without judgement.
I believe in making them see their potential and find excitement in all that they do.  I believe in experimentation, mistakes, exploration, noise and creativity.


I am an educator because I want to change the world for the children I teach.  Teaching has been a calling for me since I was a small child.  I know through education I can have an impact on children’s lives.  I want the children I teach to understand the world they will be growing up in, and I want to prepare them for a world that is so going to be so different to my own.  I want children to be problem solvers, confident, technology literate and word literate beings who find delight in the world around them.  I try to achieve this in any way I can.



No comments:

Post a Comment